Violaine Leroy is an author and illustrator based in Strasbourg, France. Since receiving her diploma from the HEAR (Haute École des Arts du Rhin, Strasbourg), she has been illustrating for graphic novels, children’s books, newspapers and other commissions. She also does collective and personal work.
Violaine Leroy’s personal work is mainly focused on concepts such as borders and labyrinths. Her images about abstract feelings are often expressed in architectural or landscape form.
She is a founding member of the «Les Rhubarbus», an artist collective that works with a variety of art forms to create playful exhibitions. She is also a member of Central Vapeur, a French association of professionals promoting illustration and comics.
- Uani (La Pastèque, 2020)
- Le Tsarévitch aux pieds rapides (avec Victor Pouchet) (L’école des Loisirs, 2019)
- Francette (Une Autre Image, 2018)
- La Belle et la Bête (avec Carole Martinez) (Gallimard Jeunesse, 2017)
- Matière Grasse (collectif – Numéro Tarot) (2016)
- Où es-tu (avec Benoît Broyart) (Seuil Jeunesse, 2016)
- Dérangés (La Pastèque, 2016)
- Contes de Luda (avec Luda Schnitzer) (Gallimard Giboulées, 2015)
- Un fanzine carré (collectif) (Hécatombe, 2012)