Lilli Carré (born in 1983) is an artist and an illustrator, a cartoonist and a film-maker from Los Angeles and currently living in Chicago.
She primarily works in the forms of experimental animation, comics, and print. Her animated films have shown in festivals throughout the US and abroad (her film « How She Slept at Night » was screened at the 2007 Sundance Film festival), and she is the co-founder of the Eyeworks Festival of Experimental Animation.
Her books of comics are The Lagoon (an excerpt was chosen to be included in The Best American Comics 2010), Nine Ways to Disappear, Tales of Woodsman Pete, and Heads or Tails. Her work has appeared in The Believer Magazine, the New Yorker, The New York Times, Best American Comics and Best American Nonrequired Reading.
- « The Fir Tree », It Books – HarperCollins, 2009.
- « The Lagoon », Fantagraphics books, 2008
- (french version : « The Lagoon », Cambourakis, 2010).
- « Nine Ways to Disappear », Little Otsu, 2009.
- « Tales of Woodsman Pete », Top Shelf Comics, 2006
- (french version : « Les histoires de Woodsman Pete », Editions de la Pastèque, 2008).
- « Heads or tails », Fantagraphics Books, 2012.